Zvenigorod (Звени́город) is a town from the Moscow oblast. It can mean “The town of ringing bells”. Because the sounds of the bells can reach Moscow 50 km away. It exists since the 12th century and has a population of around 16.000 inhabitants.
It’s well know for the Savvino-Storozhevsky Monastery and also for the Dormition Catherdal in the Kremlin.
The monastry was founded in 1398 by the monk Savva asked by the Prince Yuri of Zvenigorod.
Close to the main entry there is the monastery’s belfry. It was built in the 1650s
Inside the Monastery there is also a Cathedral dedicated to the Nativity of Virgin Mary.